Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders. Yum. You guys!!! This recipe is SO easy to make and my kids went crazy about it. I had some shaved Parmesan Cheese leftover from Costco and wanted to make something quick but yummy for my family. I also had some bread crumbs and chicken on hand. So…Voila! Thus was born this homemade Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders recipe. The chicken tenders turned out SO tender. It is super good and way healthier than their fried counterparts. We will definitely be making this a family favorite. Go ahead, try it today!
How to Make Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders
The first thing you want to do is take some boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut them into large tender-sized chunks. Make sure your chicken is thawed so that the baking time will be even.
Set the chicken aside and put together your crust. Try the shaved Parmesan cheese! I’m sure you could use regular Parmesan cheese, but the shaved Parmesan melted into the chicken leaving pockets of sheer delight. The crust contains Italian breadcrumbs, salt, and shaved Parmesan cheese. That’s it!!! SO simple.
Next, roll your chicken in the Parmesan mixture. In order for the crust to stick to the chicken, I dipped it in 1/2 c milk with 1 egg beaten into it. Press it firmly onto the chicken in order for it to stick. Don’t worry, it’s totally worth the effort!
Once each piece of chicken is coated, place them on a large baking sheet (I like to use a jelly roll pan with edges). Sprinkle extra breadcrumb mixture on top, if desired. Next, bake them 10 min. at 425 F, flip them, and then bake an additional 10-15 min (or until no longer pink on the inside). Top with additional shaved Parmesan cheese and serve right away.
Pair Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders with some Savory Sides
While your chicken bakes, choose some yummy sides. Try roasting some asparagus topped with feta cheese and tomato slices. Seriously. Yum. Or, mash up some roasted sweet potatoes to go on the side. Toss up a green salad or roast up some broccoli and cauliflower. Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders pair with a plethora of sides. Be creative!
While dining, enjoy the pockets of melted Parmesan cheese splattered across the Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders. It won’t disappoint. Eat them plain or dip them in a honey mustard sauce or rich barbecue sauce. The options are endless.
Well, that’s it! I hope you enjoy my recipe of Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders. Shake and bake taken to the next level!
Find the recipe here:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ c shaved Parmesan cheese
- ½ c milk
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
- Slice thawed chicken into evenly sized pieces.
- In a separate bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, shaved Parmesan cheese, and salt. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl/dish, whisk together egg and milk.
- Dip chicken pieces into milk mixture and roll in breadcrumb mixture, pressing Parmesan mixture into chicken pieces and then laying them on a jelly roll pan or baking stone.
- Bake at 425 F for 10 min. Carefully flip over each chicken piece. Bake additional 5-10 min or until tenders are no longer pink on the inside.
- Sprinkle with additional shaved Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.